Several hormones activate various bodily systems. Hormones affect everything in your body, from digestion to sexual pleasure. Hormones are chemical messengers that aid in the activation of a response to a situation that occurs outside. One of these hormones is testosterone, which is a steroid hormone. Testosterone is a sex hormone generated naturally in a man’s testicles. A woman’s ovaries and adrenal system also create small quantities of testosterone.
Testosterone Enanthate is a hormone that is used to treat disorders in men and boys caused by a lack of it, such as delayed puberty, impotence, and other hormonal imbalances.
Functions of testosterone in the human body
Other physiologic elements that affect mood and energy levels, as well as heart health, are regulated by testosterone. It’s also in charge of sustaining a healthy sexual desire. Testosterone plays a role in influencing or providing:
- Cardiovascular defense
- The formation of red blood cells
- Maintains a sense of well-being
- Boosts energy levels
- Strengthens and densifies bones
- Production of sperm
Know about testosterone enanthate!
Since the 1950s, this is a medication that has been utilized in medical treatments. Androfill, Depandro, Testrin, and Testro are just a few of the brand names for it. Testosterone enanthate is a class III substance that may only be obtained with a prescription.
Why testosterone enanthate is used?
Anabolic and androgenic steroid (AAS) testosterone enanthate is used to treat low testosterone levels. Anabolic medications function by increasing muscular mass, whilst androgenic drugs increase male-specific sex traits.
Is it used for testosterone replacement therapy(TRT)?
It encourages the body to produce testosterone on its own. It has higher androgenic effects and only mild anabolic ones, as a result.
The medication can be used for testosterone replacement treatment (TRT) in cisgender (cis) males who have hypogonadism, or a lack of testosterone production. Injury, infection, and testicular cancer are among the causes of this illness.
What is testosterone replacement treatment, and how does it work?
The process of restoring testosterone that has been lost as a consequence of an accident, a congenital defect, or an illness that produces low testosterone levels is known as testosterone replacement therapy. It can also be used to replenish testosterone levels that have dropped due to orchiectomy (removal of one or both testicles).
What are the conditions that hamper testosterone secretion from the body?
- Primary hypogonadism- occurs when the testes do not function adequately.
- Secondary hypogonadism – when testosterone production is inhibited owing to a pituitary or hypothalamic tumor.
- Testicular cancer, prostate cancer, or male breast cancer.
- Bilateral orchidectomy: both testicles are removed owing to malignancy or other issues including testicular torsion.
- Injuries to the testicles
- Puberty is postponed
- The natural process of aging
How testosterone enanthate helps in TRT
- After the age of 50, testosterone levels in cis males can decline dramatically, resulting in andropause. TRT is generally beneficial to older cis males who are experiencing signs of andropause, such as a lack of vitality and a decrease in sex drive.
- In conditions such as Klinefelter syndrome and diseases of the hypothalamus and pituitary gland, two brain areas that encourage the testes to produce testosterone as a result of testosterone enathylation by TRT, the testes are stimulated to produce testosterone.
- This medicine can also be used to treat hormone imbalances in transsexual men.
- Other applications include the therapy of delayed puberty in cis males and the treatment of metastatic breast cancer in postmenopausal women.
Testosterone enanthate is a clear or yellowish fluid. Every one to four weeks, it is infused into a buttock muscle. Lower dosages are frequently used over shorter durations to minimize substantial fluctuations in hormone levels and the changes in mood that might accompany them.
Side Effects Of Its Usage
This medication is used to change hormone levels, and it comes with both advantages and hazards. The negative consequences might range from minor to severe.
The following are the most prevalent negative effects linked with testosterone enanthate usage, according to the FDA:
- Swelling and discomfort at the injection site
- Changes in mood, especially hostility
- Anxiety or depression
- Sex drive (increased or diminished)
- Acne and oily skin
- Hair thinning and weight increase
The steroid testosterone enanthate has both anabolic – androgenic effects. It’s used to manage low testosterone levels in both cisgender and transgender males, as well as hormone treatment in transgender persons. It’s injected into the buttocks intramuscularly.